We work with collaborating foundations, like the Segal Family Foundation, the DAK Foundation and the CRI Foundation to provide funding for medical equipment, biomedical support, clinical training and community health system "GAP Grants".

Our priority is to fund clinics and hospitals focused on serving the poor in undeserved, rural areas of sub-Saharan Africa. We also support select organizations that are serving the very poor in urban or peri-urban areas.







Burundi / DRC / Ethiopia / Kenya / Mali / Togo / Uganda / Haiti / Peru / Malawi

Our grants are funded by the Gould Family Foundation and by funding from collaborating foundations like the Segal Family Foundation, the DAK Foundation and the CRI Foundation.

100% of  contributions go to fund grants — there are no sales, marketing, salary, travel or administrative expenses  associated with the Fund. These costs are borne personally by the Gould Family.

Annual Collaborative Impact


Patients Served


Clean, Safe, Respectful Deliveries


Lab Tests for Better Diagnosis +

55% → 85%

Increased Clinical Skills after Training and Mentoring


Our funding contribution is multiplied over 3 times with matching funds from the Segal Family Foundation, donations of new medical equipment and funding for our biomedical program from the DAK Foundation and funding from the CRI Foundation supporting Community Health Worker Programs in underserved communities in Burundi and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Qualifications for the Clinic - Hospital Upgrade Program grant

  • Established 501 c 3 organization or equivalent status in the receiving country;
  • Successful accomplishments in providing health services to the poor;
  • Established, functioning clinic or hospital: physical structure in place, doctors and nurses on staff or weekly visiting doctor, equipment training and maintenance plan, community health worker – midwife program a strong positive;
  • A plan for staffing, training and expanding the clinic or hospital. Longer term plan to ensure grant free operation.
  • Ability to scale to multiple clinics or rural hospitals in the future a positive.

Please note that we do not accept unsolicited requests for grants.

We introduced GAP Grants in 2017 – two examples:


Delivery Subsidy Program – A Path to Clean, Safe & Respectful Deliveries

Many of our partners (who are not providing delivery services) are operating effective antenatal programs but, all too often, expectant mothers (especially the poorest) deliver with a traditional birth attendant or in a sub-standard, government clinic. Overcrowded conditions, lack of an organized referral – transport process, poor infection control procedures, staff indifference or training issues and lack of proper equipment contribute to poor outcomes. The poorest we serve are often relegated to these conditions — we can do better. The Delivery Subsidy Program (DSP) provides poor expectant mothers with a path from a quality, caring antenatal program to a safe, clean, respectful delivery in a “vetted” clinic. It can also be used to fund transport to and from a clinic and the purchase of a mama kit.

Tri-motorcycle grant to Integrate Health

75% of expectant mothers in Integrate Health's catchment areas in northern Togo deliver in an IH supported delivery center – very impressive results.  When discussing the remaining 25 % that are delivering with TBAs or with family help – the main barrier was transportation.  IH identified a great solution - tri-motorcycles with a bed and bench attached to transport remote expectant mothers to HTH supported delivery centers.  They are having 3 tri-motorcycles built to support their 3 delivery centers. We are helping IH fund the procurement and operation of this innovative solution.

Some of Our Grantees

Integrate Health


Mother Health International


Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur

Democratic Republic of the Congo
See All of Our Grantee Partners

What can you do to help?

Help our Grantee Partners

Please visit the sites of our partners and donate
to the one that is most compelling to you.